At Central Plains Eye MDs our goal is to bring you the best subspecialty ophthalmic care available. We draw on over 40 years of experience providing exemplary service to patients of all ages.
C. Joseph Beck, MD
C. Joseph Beck, MD, established Central Plains Eye MDs to serve Wichita and the region with the best in subspecialty ophthalmic care. Never content with the status quo, Dr. Beck strives for an individualized approach to every patient and their caregivers.
- Tulane University School of Medicine; New Orleans, Louisiana
- Ochsner Foundation; New Orleans, Louisiana
- Texas Tech: Lubbock, Texas
- Professional Memberships: American Academy of Ophthalmology, New Orleans Academy of Ophthalmology, Kansas Medical Society, Medical Society of Sedgwick County and Christian Medical and Dental Society
- Dr. Beck believes in assisting those who would not be able to receive medical help on their own. His long affiliation with Medical Ministry International has allowed him to travel abroad numerous times to address the medical needs of many. He primarily treats individuals with diabetes using laser equipment normally unavailable to them. Motivated by Dr. Beck's adventures abroad, his entire family has become involved in medical mission trips as well.
Francis Soans, MD
Francis Soans, MD, glaucoma surgeon, completed his glaucoma fellowship at the University of Michigan. Dr. Soans has been in specialty practice since 2004 and brings full-service glaucoma care to the Wichita region.
- St. John's Medical College; Bangalore, India
- Ophthalmology Residency; St. John's Medical College
- Internal Medicine Internship; University Medical Center Camden, NJ
- Ophthalmology Residency; University Medical Center Camden, NJ
- Glaucoma Fellowship; University of Michigan
- Certifications: American Board of Ophthalmology